Recent Posts

Archives

Monday, February 16, 2009

There is time for everything

In the process of growing in the Spirit it is sometimes useful to wait for the right time. God always provides a hint when such right time arrives. But God provides us the choice when this right time is.



I was offered lately to lead a greater responsibility within our Christian community, from handling a few couple to serving several groups of Christian couples. It is a great task which would require a lot of sacrifices both time and finances. Analyzing what made me suited for the task, I could not find any concrete reasons and answers to my question "Why me?" I don't have the finances nor the mobility; I don't even have my own vehicle. These and a lot of others concerns made me think twice. Am I going to accept the task?

So I asked God about it trusting he would give me an answer by all means. Last Saturday I received a message in my e-mail, which I thought would be a hint from God. I was awed by the timeliness of the message which says "Growth Takes Time!" I may sound biased to my own conviction but judging from my four years in this community I feel I still need the nurturing and the care to grow. I still feel I am immature to take the responsibility.

I know God does not choose the qualified but qualifies the chosen, yet the message told me "the decision to begin growing is always ours." I am not saying no to the work, for it is meant for God's vineyard but I asked God to give me the right time and lead me to understand when that right time is.

1 comment:

chubskulit said...

I love that song kuya romy...

Your capabilities and compassion are the main reasons why you are chosen.. Be glad!

 
/