Propagating Vanda Orchids

We have this Vanda orchids on our concrete fence for about three years. They bloom two to three times a year with light pink flowers. Early this year we decided to move the  plants to a wooden stand. However, instead of removing all the plants and their roots, we cut the stem leaving at least two roots on the upper parts with the leaves while the remaining lower portions were left on the fence.

I tried to search through the net, to know how long will the stem generate a branch. Some articles say about 2 to 3 months. But I was fortunate to find out that the upper parts with the leaves that we transferred have grown new roots in less than a month.

I was more amazed when a saw new leaves emerging from the stems in just about a month. What amazed me is that I just left the stems without caring for them. I never fertilized them. The month of January though has rainy days mostly so it is nature that cared for the orchids.

Soon this plants will be growing a brand new vanda that will soon give second set of flowers. 

I won't guarantee the same result if you do what I did but just in case you want to do some experiment this experience of mine might give you an idea.

Happy planting everyone.